Your City, Your Views
Your city centre is changing…
UPDATE 18/10/18: Consultation now closed to submissions
Thank you to everyone who has commented on the Your City, Your Views map. The Consultation is now closed, which means that you can no longer submit suggestions or comments to the Your City, Your Views map. The map will remain open, however, for you to view the comments we received.
As these comments are analysed, you can still contact our team for more information about plans for the city centre via email@example.com.
Help us shape the future of transport for the city centre
This is your chance to have your say on city centre transport so that we can improve it for the future. TfGM, Manchester City Council and Salford City Council would like to find out what residents, employees and visitors think of transport in the city centre today and what, if anything, you’d change. For more information on the strategy click here.
The map shows the city centre boundary, which has grown over recent years to include parts of Salford as well as Ancoats and New Islington. It also shows the city centre neighbouring areas which we know can be impacted by what goes on in the city centre. Also included on the map are planned key transport interventions. The online map is an opportunity for you to highlight why and where improvements could be made to make it easier to travel into or around the city centre. For example, this could include:
- This pedestrian crossing doesn’t give people enough time to cross
- If there was less traffic on this road it would create a better space for people walking and cycling
- The pavement around this bus stop gets very busy when lots of passengers are waiting for the bus
- There isn’t enough cycle parking in this location
- This location needs better provision for blue badge drivers to park
- This location is difficult to walk along as delivery vehicles or cars often end up parking on the pavement
- This would be a good location for an electric vehicle charging point
- This location needs better signage for visitors to the city centre to help them find their way
- There is nowhere to sit and relax/rest in this location
- The paving/road is very uneven/potholed on this street
- This junction is difficult to understand for motorists due to poor signing
The above examples are ideas of the types of comments that would be helpful to us. You may want to add comments whilst completing the online survey. You are able to make comments on the map between 8th August and 17th October.
The Greater Manchester Cycling and Walking Infrastructure Proposal map was published earlier in the summer and has also provided the opportunity for respondents to comment on the walking and cycling across GM as well as in the city centre area. We will also use the comments we receive on potential city centre walking and cycling network improvements to inform the future transport strategy.
Your City, Your Views - User Guide
This guide will help to answer your questions about adding comments to the map. If you have any issues, contact the MappingGM team via the contact details below.
The information you provide on this form will be used for the purpose of gathering the views of the public about a Manchester city centre transport strategy. We do not and will not ask for any information from which a living individual can be identified. As such, we ask that you do not provide information which could identify any living individuals in your comments.
We will share your submitted comments with GMCA and Salford City Council for the purpose of managing the website.
If you provide personal data in your submitted comments, we will redact this information before your comment is made public and delete your submitted comment 1 year after completion of the consultation.
If you have any comments or queries about the plans please contact via email.